Friday, February 17, 2012

Welcome, baby Melanie! | DFW birth photographer

Yesterday a sweet little bundle of joy was welcomed into the world, her name is Melanie Ann. :-)
I drove to the hospital yesterday afternoon for a small, intimate photo session to capture some small details and Melanie's cuteness not long after delivery. When I arrived at the hospital they were moving Ali, the mother, into a new room while Melanie was getting her vitals checked. The small session is only a small glimpse of what's to come in the next week and a half. ;-) Be on the lookout for her newborn pictures... I have some pretty cute things planned, and not to mention A LOT of D.I.Y. creations involved, which may or may not lead to a following 'how to' blog post, haha!



Here she is getting her vitals checked, making sure she is as healthy as can be. I believe this photo was after she had her first bath. The entire time I was at the hospital I never heard her cry! I feel so blessed to be in her life, already! We're technically family, because her aunt is my wonderful best-friend. ;-)





The above photo is when Melanie was first brought back to her mom after delivery, and her vitals checkup. A lot of times in my photography I like to take a journalistic approach... It allows me to capture small moments, and emotions where, typically, the subject is not aware that I'm photographing. 


Sound a sleep, warm and comfy, bundled in her blanket. :-)






I hope you all enjoyed a glimpse of this small session, look forward to Melanie's newborn pictures in the following week, I know that I am SUPER excited about them. 

Have a wonderful Friday, friends~
Jessica

No comments: