Sunday, February 26, 2012

Melanie | Keller newborn photographer

Good morning friends! I had one of the cutest newborn sessions yesterday and I could not wait to post these up because I was INCREDIBLY excited to share them! Melanie Ann is now about a week old, and she is the sweet little thing featured in my previous post HERE. :-) I cannot begin to tell you all how absolutely wonderful it was for me to capture this sweet little girl, I have been waiting awhile now to meet her and I'm so happy I did! Ah, babies make my heart melt!

I had a blast at this shoot, though I'll be honest folks, it is a bit nerve-wracking when you a shoot a newborn session. They're just so small and tender, haha. I was afraid sometimes to move her or pose her, but I think that will just come with growing comfortable with it, and practice, A LOT or practice. ;-) 





Just f.y.i., this is my very first official newborn session. :-) I've had sessions with a lot of cute babies, but never have they been a week old! I also really love how dramatic black and white post-processing can make an image look. Beautiful.



The image above is one of my favorites because she smiled! Love it!



Thank God for beautiful weather in February. In Texas. Typically, we would have seen snow, and we would all be bundled and layered, drinking hot chocolate by a roaring fire watching an old movie. Not the case so far! It has been nice and sunny, spring weather! Thanks to this beautiful weather, we were able to soak up a little vitamin D, and shoot outside! :-)


A lot of the props used for this adorable session were D.I.Y.'ed by me! The fuschia backdrop, knitted hats, and teal trim on that old vintage bucket. :-) I hope you all oohed and awed over these super cute pictures. It was a joy to take them! 

Jessica

No comments: