Thursday, March 15, 2012

R + K | Roanoke family photographer

Yesterday I had the wonderful privilege of shooting, what I like to call, a sweet sister session! A co-worker, and good friend of mine Rachel came to me with the idea of doing a shoot with her sister Katya for their mom ( kind of an early mother's day present ;-) Rachel loves country, and her sister has a very cute laid-back, earthy style, and so I wanted to have a location that we could ultimately get the best of both worlds. We ended traveling to Roanoke, TX! I have not had a session there in quite awhile, so it was perfect... And so was the weather! Even though the sun never showed up to play for awhile, we enjoyed the overcast skies, or as any photographer would know, nature's soft box. :-)


The image below is quite possibly one of my favorites! Everything from the colors, to how cute they are together makes the image for me. Love it! Plus, it's an added bonus that they are incredibly sweet! 






I told them on the spot that the image I shot above looked like it could be an album cover... seriously, you two are so gorgeous. :-) 




Walking around 'downtown' Roanoke, we came across an empty lot, something very similar to the shoot I had HERE, except totally different! Both were as if a building had once been there, but no longer existed, and left us with a neat place for pictures. Katya, you are such a model!




Expect to see more sessions with these two beautiful gals sometime in the near future! I had such a blast working with them, and I would love to repeat the adventure again. One reason why I love doing photography, is because of the time you get to spend with the people you doing pictures for. Building great relationships, while getting great pictures in the process! Maybe next time we won't have an overcast sky, and we could have fun with golden hour light! My absolute favorite kind of light around. ;-) 

Threes more sessions to come by the end of the weekend, be on the lookout!
Have a great day, everyone!

Jessica Rambo Photography

No comments: